Haunted Forums
Nightmare Before Christmas TCG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haunted Forums

The forum for all your Nightmare before Christmas Trading Card Game needs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Work in Progress: The Scary Bed deck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack Skellington
Admin

Work in Progress: The Scary Bed deck Empty
PostSubject: Work in Progress: The Scary Bed deck   Work in Progress: The Scary Bed deck EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:45 pm

The following is a deck that I've been working on after having been inspired by a similar deck over at the other forums.

Locales
Mayor-mobile
Scary Bed
Town Square
Back Alley
Town Hall
Tree Circle

Characters
The Mayor, Excitable Politician (x4)
Monster Under the Bed (x4)
Mummy Boy
Corpse Dad (x2)
Corpse Mom
Corpse Kid (x2)
Jack Skellington, Motivational Spooker
Harlequin Demon
Sally, Restless Spirit
Devil
Undersea Gal
Hanging Tree

Creations
Takeoff Ramp
Halloweentown Bell
Eager Anaconda
Christmas Casket
Scary Teddy
Delightful Hat
Sandy Claws Outfit
Dead Head

Surprises
Eyes Glowing Red (x3)
Hiding Under your Bed (x2)
Halloween Plans (x4)
Town Meeting!
Halloweentown Gates
Sound the Alarms!

Total Non-Locale cards: 40 / Total Possible points: 65

Ideally you want to keep the Mayor at one of two places: the Mayor-mobile (for additional draw power and discount on Halloweentown bell) or Town Square (which should always be placed next your starting locale for easy access to Takeoff Ramp's ability). All other locales can be placed on the opposite side of the Mayor-mobile in any order really. Town Meeting! will help you make an emergency mass exodus to Town Square if you need it.

Now lets talk about the Monster Under the Bed. The idea is to have the bed set up with him underneath it before the last 6 turns of the game. During these last six turns you should be using the bed's function primarily in combination with Eyes Glowing Red to rack up some massive points while using the Mayor's ability and Halloween Plans to keep drawing and cycling through your deck (Don't be afraid to lose something you might need later, you'll probably cycle through the deck at least once here and if not you always have the Undersea Gal and the Dead Head to help you fish out something you've discarded). The Devil's passive effect is nice to have out too when your opponent is discarding for their effects or creations. Hiding Under your Bed can be used if you've elected to store a creation for later once you have the characters you need but if you choose not to use the surprise for this reason you can always send it under the bed for Eyes Glowing Red; it makes great fodder in some situations.

Getting out the Christmas Casket is going to probably eat up one of your turns because it costs 6 PP without any real way to discount it, but if Jack is where he should be, (Town Square at all times because his scare number works out nicely here with the scare threshold) then you'll be drawing up to 7 cards, which is nice in this kind of deck. I should also point out here another reason I choose to use this version of Jack Skellington is to "scare" The Mayor right back next door to Mayor-mobile once he's done at Town Square.

Playtesting alone with this deck (without the Pumpkin King function, mind you) usually merits anywhere between 45-50 points on average. I plan to test this deck against my friends soon and I'll let you know how it goes.

But in the meantime, any suggestions or comments? I appreciate them all!

Jack Skellington
Back to top Go down
https://hauntedforums.board-directory.net

Work in Progress: The Scary Bed deck
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Haunted Forums
 :: Nightmare TCG Discussion :: Decks and Strategy
-
Jump to: